Sunday, April 24, 2016

Papparazzi

This morning, I dragged a ladder out into the garden, in the hopes that I would be able to get a look inside Henrietta Hummingbird's nest from a distance. Alas, the ladder is not tall enough. We have a taller ladder, but then arises another complication--the patio cover blocks any view into the nest. It seems Henrietta chose a pretty good location.

Of course, I stayed a decent distance from her and used my zoom lens. She seems remarkably laid-back about having us in the yard, but I don't want to push her, or make her feel threatened.

While I was on the ladder, I realized it gave me a new perspective on Mom's garden, so I snapped a few shots of her flowers, too.

Hummingbird side-eye. But I love this shot because it's straight-on, instead of
from below.

While I was up there, I spotted this bird on Mom's raised bed. 

Looking down, using zoom.

Without zoom.



Looking straight out at these trees.

 Eventually I climbed down and took some close-up shots.

Geraniums

Hydrangea


I moved the ladder to another location and took a few more pictures.



In this one, you can see the wind chimes. Henrietta is on the one to the left,
with the horse on it.

No comments: