Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sock Bun

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a colleague at Petite School had her hair in a perfect, big bun. Knowing her hair is as baby-fine as my own, I asked her how she achieved it. She smiled and replied, "A sock."

"A sock?!"

"Yes, a sock!" She went on to explain about cutting the toe off an old sock, etc. etc. and suggested I watch a YouTube tutorial.

A few days ago, I finally watched--


--then immediately grabbed a pair of old socks I won't be using on my feet anymore, cut the toe of one, and went to the bathroom to give it a go. My first attempt was a disaster, but my second wasn't so bad. Since then, I've gotten progressively better at it, and even when the bun is a little messy, it still has a certain appeal.

So there's my summer hair sorted, then. : )

My first successful attempt had a few stray strands
sticking out, but I rather liked it.

Last night, I got a really good one.

Side view, super-high bun.

Honestly, I love this. I've been wearing my hair in a bun a lot anyway, but without the sock, it's sort of wimpy looking. This is super-easy and really adorable.

No comments: