Friday, March 02, 2012

Show and Tell

Today I dragged those size 18 jeans off to the gym, in the hopes of getting a moment to show them off to M. the Reasonable. He happened to be in the trainer desk area, talking to another trainer, when I arrived, and he had a few minutes to chat, so I asked him if I could show him something.

I pulled my folded-up jeans out of my gym bag and asked him, "Are you ready for this?"He simply smiled and said, "Yeah."

His smile turned to a look of shock as I unfolded the jeans and held them up in front of myself. M. is not a particularly loud person to begin with, but his very quiet, "Oh, my God." made me laugh out loud in delight.

A big smile spread across his face. "You could fit two of you in those!" He stood there, shaking his head, smiling, as I laughed and told him of my own reaction to pulling the jeans out for the first time in a long time. Finally, he said, "I just...can't imagine you ever being able to fit into those!"

"Neither can I, and I did, indeed, used to fit into them!"

M., of course, met me about 20 pounds ago, when I was a size 10/12, in decent shape but slipping a bit. He's seen quite a transformation in me since November, but he never knew me when I was at my biggest, or my least fit. So for him, seeing evidence from my earliest days in this odyssey is shocking, even though logically, he knows I started at 220 pounds, and has even seen pictures.

I do so love showing off. ; )

No comments: