Thursday, August 26, 2004

Good news/Bad news

The bad news first: I haven't snogged any cute British men yet.

The good news: I made it here without trouble and I love the little town I'm living in!!

Yes, I'm alive and well. After 10 years (okay, hours) on the airplane, we had a soft landing at London Heathrow. No jerking airplanes, as happened when I went to Rome a year or so ago.

I made it from Heathrow to Euston Station (to pick up my train ticket) to Liverpool Street Station to Burhnam-on-Crouch. It took a good 5 hours to do all of this but I made it, had my shower, a meal and 11 hours of sleep. Jet lag stinks.

Yesterday I went exploring and found that Burnham is as charming and beautiful as I hoped it would be. Met some people at the school and I think I'll be happy working there.

Today I'm more jet-lagged than yesterday, so I'm sticking close to home. The people I'm staying with are letting me use their computer so I can check email, etc.

My adventure is well and truly started...

No comments: